Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A conversation with Jake

Jake: "C'mon mom, let's play trains now. "(he has now been waiting about 10 minutes for me to be ready to play. He lights up in excitement as I come into the train room.
Mom: (I enter reluctantly, as I just decided we would have to go somewhere before we could play) "you know what buddy, we have to go to Aunt Jill's to pick up Ben's library book." (Waiting for the fight to ensue.....)
Jake: "N0hoho, I don't want to do that!"
Mom: "I know baby, I'm sorry, we can play trains right when we get back."
Jake: "Noooo! Play trains with me. I don't want to go."
Mom: (I kneel down in front of him) "Jakey, if we don't get Ben's book, he is going to get in trouble because it is due today. You don't want brother to get in trouble right?"
Jake: (He looks up at me, stands up and heads for the door.) "No, I just want him to be happy. Let's go get it mom."

Love that kid and his love for his brother. Being a mom is the best.

3 comments:

Kim said...

what a good brother. as to the sleeping issue, i had the same conversation with seth last night. now i wonder after being prego and delivering a child and months of nursing...will sleep ever come easily or do we wait until the last kid goes to college? now i'm depressed :0

zuniga family said...

Hi kim,

I don't know if you remember me but I used to hang out with you and Ryan in the HB singles ward. It's Vicki (formerly gerken but now zuniga). I just came across your site from Leyla's. Your kids are adorable and congrats on the new baby!

Jenny J said...

awhile back you had a page of funny ben-isms. i loved that page. this reminded me of that. kids seriously say the funniest thing and are so innocent. i love your stories of your boys.