With all that being said, and to explain the title of this post, we have started a "Countdown to the baby". Ben asked today when the baby was coming and asked in terms of days. He likes me to cross out days on our calendar so he can see the precise day he is on and count the days on the calendar to a day he is looking forward to, ie: Halloween. Well, we do our calendars one month at a time, so we made a special spot on our calendar that looks like this:
51 DAYS
until the baby comes!
until the baby comes!
This will probably make an eternity seem even longer to me, but it will definitely satisfy Ben. Jake will still ask, in his ever so sweet manner, "When's your baby going to pop out?" probably every day, but that's okay. It's good to know they are so excited.
Well, so now that we only have 51 days until this sweet boy comes, we need a name and we aren't even close! Please, if you have any suggestions, just throw them out there. We thought it was going to be Barrett and we would call him Bear, but we're not sure how we feel about that name anymore...... So, your help would be much appreciated! See ya.
Well, so now that we only have 51 days until this sweet boy comes, we need a name and we aren't even close! Please, if you have any suggestions, just throw them out there. We thought it was going to be Barrett and we would call him Bear, but we're not sure how we feel about that name anymore...... So, your help would be much appreciated! See ya.

7 comments:
I am still loving your suggestion of August. Actually Betsy said that is one of her boy names, shes due in March. I know how hard your pregnancy has been, in every sense of the word. I will be so happy for you when its all over. And I will be happy for me too. I cant wait to get my hands on the little man.
The Cannon ball song is on in the background on JoJo's Circus... its a sign to name him Cannon!
Sorry about the other night. I was so exhausted and just didn't want to do more driving than I had to. I went home and went straight to bed for the night.
No worries about the other night. I totally understand. I just need to get myself a pair of glasses, already! I still really like August but Ryan still very much doesn't. And, it was my friend Liz's family name, so I would never use it if she is planning on it. I still like Cannon, but I don't like that I can't shorten it. I think I can come up with a problem for ever name! Thanks for you support in my pregnancy. And we are definitely both on the same page about not being able to wait to get our hands on this boy!
I have a friend with a son named Cannon and I guess his middle name starts with J, don't know what it is... But we call him CJ. so there you go, it can be shortened. I like "Bear" too.
Luke just found Bens I Spy book in our car. I think its a library book. So don't freak out if you haven't been able to find it.
Hope you guys had a fun night out tonight.
Love you
Hey Carrie,
I am so glad you found my blog! I miss you guys. Thanks for the input on the names. Keep em' coming if you hear any new ones. Keep in touch. Great to hear from you.
Ok, so I totally love Barrett and shortening it to "Bear" -- SO CUTE! Why the new distaste for it? Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for other names. But I hear ya in the not-wanting-to-be-pregnant-one-more-day feeling! ME TOO! I hope you are enjoying conference weekend! let me know if I can help with getting things ready for bunco this week. Love ya
in my stalker mode - but had to put in my two cents. my sister in law recommended something to me as a countdown helper for kids and i think jill may have, too - remember those chains you used to make as a kid, and you would pull a link off every day - it helps kids grasp time better. maybe when ben and jake see the links getting shorter, it may help them understand when "Cannon/Bear/August" will be here. good luck. here's to hoping you're comfortable, soon.
Post a Comment