Friday, February 19, 2010

Our final installment......Maybe.

So, a couple days ago Ben is driving with me in the front seat (don't freak out moms, it was just in the tract on the way home from school) and he found a (used) pregnancy test (that I was cleverly hiding). I quickly tried to avert his attention by saying "Oh, Ben, that's gross. Put it down. It's got pee on it." While examining it, he says, "Oh....." He slowly puts it back into the center console. There was silence that was penetrable for about a minute. Then it came. "Well, was it positive mom? are you pregnant?" Well aware that he could read and probably already knew the answer, I answered honestly. "Yes Ben, I am. Isn't it awesome?" He had a huge grin on his face and said "Awesome!" My next words were said with some intensity...."But don't tell ANYONE. Dad doesn't even know yet!"

And so it was. My secret was safe with Ben. Until we told dad and Jake. And now all of you, since he and Jake now tell everybody and anybody they come in contact with.

We were a little taken aback but we are super excited. I always wanted a fourth and we thought about it in the summer, but this is perfect! Can't wait to meet the little man. Yes, I think it's a boy. But we won't find out until October when we deliver! I couldn't be happier to be able to bring another little Harvey into this world. Life is good. Until the morning sickness starts........

11 comments:

Jillyboo said...

wait... why did you have a used pregnancy teat in the front seat of your car?
Again, congrats!! We are all, especially Cousin-friend in tummy, so thrilled.

Jillyboo said...

PS Does that put you due at the end of October? You'll have had a Sep. Oct. and Nov. baby!!!

shari berry bo-berry said...

CONGRATS! SOO happy for you! :) what a funny way for ben to find out! i be he will never forget it!

Stephanie said...

congratulations! That is the best story about Ben finding out. When were you really going to tell everyone? so happy for you.

The last Unicorn said...

You know I am excited!!! And I can't believe you are not going to find out! I guess the odds are in your favor that you are right. Either way, this is such great news.
BTW. I saw Dear John tonight and although it was better than the book, I still can't believe you saw it 3 times!!!

Hillary said...

congrats!! Now I understand why it was SO fun for you to hold my little Ethan at Jenna's baptism. :) I wondered if you were wanting another baby and maybe were a little baby hungry... haha... and you one up-ed me! You're pregnant! Happy day! Congratulations. :)

Kim said...

Great news Kim! So we do get to have babies together, just a few months apart! I miss you!

Kristie K. said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

so excited for your little "pumpkin"!

ps. how special that Ben knew before dad, i think he'll always remember it.

KYoho said...

oh how cool! Jill's pregnant, you are, and my sister in law (Keith's wife) is too! Lots of babies!

Jodi said...

Commented in above post, but should have read this post first. Then I wouldn't have had so many preanswered questions! Congrats again. Four boys would be awesome...

Love this babies story, it's one worth telling over and over again!

Jodi said...

Have to leave another comment because the teacher in me is mad I wrote babies (plural) instead of baby's. Sorry for the double post...