I feel so blessed at how much my kids love our new baby. It brings me so much joy to see their unconditional love for their new brother. Ben is classic Ben. Protective, sensitive and totally loving. He takes on a very fatherly role with Christian. He is so responsible and even asks to change the diapers as long as it's just pee. He is the first to run to Christians aid at the first sign of unhappiness. Jake is a bit of a surprise. Now, I knew Jake would never be aggressive or mean to the baby in any way, but for being a bit of a firecracker, I wasn't sure if he knew how gentle or calm he would have to be around the baby. But I am so pleasantly surprised! He is gentle and so loving. It just came so natural for him. I am so happy at how involved and interested he is in the baby. He absolutely loves Christian. He wants to hold him every morning and any chance he can throughout the day. He loves to kiss him and feel likes such a big boy "taking care" of the baby.
I couldn't feel happier about the transition my kids have made during this time. . It feels so natural. Like they just knew Christian was meant to be in our family. Ryan and I were just saying how happy a baby makes you having them in your home. All I have to say is that boys are the best and I feel so honored to be able to mother 3 amazing ones!

4 comments:
I love the pictures of your big boys with Christian. And I love to hear your take on motherhood. You have such a positive perspective that helps me to cherish my time with my own family (even through tantrums and messes).
Great, I walked in on London on top of Ben (crying) in his crib bouncing a ball near his head...I swear she loves, him too. Cute boys.
Ok...I know your birthday is in December and I fear that I have missed it. Did I?
Shari,
You have a good sixth sense. My birthday is actually today. :)
Post a Comment