Well, I thought I would give an update on how the baby and I are doing. A couple people have asked, so I thought I would do what my friend Shari did and after every dr's appt's near the end of her pregnancy, she would give everyone an update. I also thought it would be fun too, since this is going to serve as my journal and I can go back and look at it.
Last night I was not feeling well and had strange cramping all night. I was anxious to go to the dr's and ask him what he thought was going on. Ryan was a little worried and was sweet and insisted he go the dr's with me. I love when he goes with me, it's kind of like a little date. And it just makes it exciting to be there together. So, we went to see Dr. Clayton, who I just adore, by the way, and he asks in his ever soothing voice how things are going. I tell him about the cramping while he is measuring my belly, etc: and he says that it is totally normal. It is just my body getting ready. He obviously warned that if they are consistent and persistent, that that could be labor. He told us that the heartbeat sounded great, the belly/baby is measuring great and that the baby is head down and in position. It was strange, he went over all the C-section paperwork and precautions and gave me my prescription for Vicodin to fill and have ready for when I come home. He also gave me paperwork I needed to bring to the hospital. It just made it all seem so soon! It made me feel like they probably do it this early because some women may go into labor before their next appointment. I have always kind of felt that I might go into labor a little early (or before the c-section date) with this one just because it has been such a different pregnancy and because we are doing the c-section only 1 day before my due date, so that we won't have the same complications we had with Jake's c-section. I was induced with Ben and had a c-section with Jake, so I have never really gone into labor on my own. With Jake, I may have, but they scheduled my c-section 2 weeks before my due date and when he came out they feel we were off on our due date and he was more like 3.5 weeks early! Again, that's why we are waiting to do the c-section to make sure this baby is fully cooked and his lungs can handle what Jakey's could not.
Anyway, now that it is November 1st, the countdown has really begun. 25 days! We are so excited. Time to get everything ready for sweet baby no-name. We have compiled a list of names to bring to the hospital, so at least we are a little further in the process than before. Well, that's all for now. Enjoy the pictures. Put on your sunglasses.

6 comments:
OK..your stomach does look pretty big. I hope that is not an insult. People get so angry when people tell them they're big. I don't get it. You're almost 9 months pregnant. What is wrong with looking it. Having said that, your bottom and legs look tiny. I bet you'll be back to your pre-baby body in no time flat.
We are super excited!!!
You are so right Jill. I don't know why people get so mad when people say their belly is big. I actually kind of feel proud of it! It is the only time in my life that I actually don't care that the word big is being used to describe my body! Thanks for the butt and legs comment. It must just be the jeans! We are excited that you are excited - I know how you like to hold babies and I will welcome a hands free moment when you are around!
Ok...so I was almost insulted every time someone said I looked really small, and couldn't believe that I was due any day now...but HOLY CRAP woman, your beautiful belly makes me look like I gave birth at 6 months or something! Ok, so I know I"m about 5 inches taller than you...or something like that, so maybe that's part of it, but I love your big belly and kind of wished mine had been bigger. Is that weird? Anyway...I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! :) Love ya!
you're funny kim. i love dr. c too, he makes everything seem like no big deal without making you feel stupid. you look great, just like a hot mama who is about to have a healthy baby. I wish that was my excuse when people continue to say my belly is big and white.
you are so awesome! i wish i had belly pics - but neglected to both times. *sigh*
good luck with your countdown.
maybe i'll see you the day after thanksgiving...
I think that is such an awesome belly! Know what is cool??? You can still see the definition of your abs on the side. Good work Kim!
Can't wait to meet the next little Harvey boy... guaranteed to be a cutie! Good luck :)
~Lori
Post a Comment