Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Slammed Shut


Well, I went to the dr's today and found out there is no action going on down south. It was funny because when he had me lie down to hear the heartbeat he noticed I was having a big contraction. He said, "Whoa, you are having a pretty big contraction right now, aren't you?" and I said "yah, you can see that? I have them all the time." He said, "well, are they regular like every 5 minutes?"I said no, I didn't think so. Then he says, "Well, let's check you out and see if you are in labor and maybe we will head right over to the hospital and do your c-section now." So, seeing as he thought the contraction was impressive enough that I could be in labor, I got a little excited. Then came the exam....he had a hard time even finding my cervix at first because it was still so far up. So, my cervix was still totally shut and totally high. He rattled off some numbers like -3 something, 0 dilation. He did say that I should pay attention to my contractions and make sure I call if they are regular. Also, that he wants to see me back on Monday, the day he leaves out of town, to check me again. I asked that if I was progressing then, that there is no chance he could deliver me, and he said I was correct. So, I am hoping that next week I am still "slammed shut" and can hold on until he comes back. I thought I might be bummed out that I wasn't dilated today, but I am totally good with it. Just means my baby isn't ready yet, and I can wait for him to be. Especially knowing that no matter what, in 13 days, I will have a baby. Today just gave me a little closure knowing that I won't be having the baby this week. Now I can plan a little more. But, there is always the chance I could go into labor next week and have my plans go out the door, but that is out of my control. I found out that Dr. Moniac is the Dr. on call while Dr. C is out. He assured me he is a great Dr. I know him a little , he assisted in my c-section with Jake. All I remember was that he was kind of a bigger man, and didn't really say a word to me. I'm sure he is great....I won't let my mind think any differently at this point. Well, that's it in a nutshell. I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Jillyboo said...

OK... I love that picture of you two. It is really sweet. You have such a loving Husband.
I am so happy that in a few days you will be happily holding your beautiful baby boy.

The last Unicorn said...

I hope you can hold out! I imagine there is something comforting about having the same Dr that has seen you through your pregnancy there to deliver your baby... but what do I know? You may just want to get the little guy out no matter what! I love the pictures... good job Jill!

Jillyboo said...

Check out my Mom's blog.
www.nanaandpapaharvey.blogspot.com
we'll see if she keeps it up.