Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween and Ben's last soccer game

We had a great Halloween. We went to my brother's house with all grandparents and had chili and chicken noodle soup. Then we headed out for some serious candy hunting. They scored. At the end of the night while we were sorting the candy with cousins to do some serious trading (a Templin family tradition that my brother and I did every year-sort the candy like a store and then trade). All the kids ended up with several full size candy bars and both my boys even had a couple king size candies as well. It was crazy. We know where to go next year!

Last night was Ben's final soccer game. His Saturday game was canceled due to the fires, so they rescheduled it for today. As much as I was excited for soccer to be over, I am a little sad because this is the first thing that Ben has actually been in to. I mean, when they would have a pizza party instead of practice, he would be bugged. He loves to play and that makes me so happy. I was beginning to think Ben was a little bit of a commitment phobe -every time we would start him in something, he seemed to be over it in about 6 weeks or less. I think we have found something he truly likes. Now I know that maybe he got over the other things because they were just not his "thing". Anyway, Ben did so well throughout the season. He improved so much and tried so hard in every practice and game. Thanks to all the family who supported him throughout the season!

Here are a some pics from each event.

HALLOWEEN

Ben 10

Ben 10 with fangs

Thomas the Train


LAST SOCCER GAME

Nana freezing her buns off at the game. Picture taken by Jake.

He looks like he is pooping, but he is really showing off Ben's soccer pin he is wearing.

Ben before the game

Okay, so this picture was taken at a different game, but this is Ben after a game.


Ben in action! He is the one in the green. We played a team that had the exact same uniforms as us.

2 comments:

Patty Lucas said...

That's my girl!!! You are such a beautiful girl but pregnant you are just radiant. With that "glowing" belly holding my precious grandson just proves my point.
I love you sweetheart and think your the best mom ever.

Mom

Jillyboo said...

first off, your Mom is so cute.
Secondly, I can't believe that we only made it to 1 of Ben's games. That went by way too quickly!!!
They're such cuites.