Hi, it's me. I'm still up. After 3.5 hours of being in excruciating stomach pain, and many tears later, I think I am beginning to feel a little better. Which is so strange, because nothing has happened. No puke, no poop. Nothing. Just the weirdest stomach pain I have ever had, followed by unexpected relief. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful, just a bit confused. About an hour ago I woke up Ryan and told him I thought something could be seriously wrong. Then I took some Advil just because we had no stomach medication whatsoever and all the sudden I started feeling better. Could Advil have been the answer all along? You certainly don't think of Advil as a stomach reliever. Quite the opposite really. But the pain was so strange, I thought I would give it a try. In the least, it might make me puke, which I began wishing for about an hour ago.
So, I will try and possibly lay down now, although it could make me feel even more tired that if I just tried to pull an all nighter. I surprisingly don't feel that tired right now. I'm sure it will hit me soon though, now that the pain has subsided a bit. But, the kids are due to be up in about 3 hours and poor Ryan keeps running to the bathroom feeling like he is going to puke, so I might not have any luck getting sleep anyways. Good times. Well, I am off to bed. Wish me luck. Wait, hold that thought. I just heard Christian. I guess I am off to bed after I feed the baby, who is definitely needing to eat.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yikes! Your poor family really got hit by the flu! I wish there was something I could do to help, but if this is the flu... you just have to wait it out which is the worst part about it! I hope you were able to get some rest since that is the one thing you need the most right now...
How on earth are you so positive when you're sick with a newborn. I just had this flu and while I was laying on the floor all day dangling toys over Ben's head and sending London on little missions all over the house, I was cursing every well person out there secretly wishing someone would come save me. Kudos to you...hope you're better.
kim! i'm so sorry! i had that "strange" stomach pain two weeks ago...two nights in a row - TERRIBLE pain...and then voila, i was better. I hope you feel better soon and also the rest of the harvey clan. we missed you at bunco last night!!!! ;(
Post a Comment